Wednesday, September 25, 2013

SWAT that mosquito

Last night I spent with SWAT.  Not only are they good looking but they are kind and patient.  SWAT comes from every department in the Police Department.  What amazed me most was that the SWAT Unit travels with a doctor.  The Dr. trains with the Unit.  Part of their gear is a medical kit that will help them stay alive.  It is so sad that in the United States all Secondary Schools must have a full-time policeman.  I do not have to worry at night if I go for a walk, I do not have to worry about being mugged at the grocery store.  I do not have to fear a bomb going off in my back yard.  But, I do fear;  a gunman coming to school.  I am so grateful that these brave men and women are willing to risk their lives to me safe.  It is not the way we watch it on TV.  All officers have children and wives to go home to at the end of every shift.  I say a prayer every morning that me and my students be safe.  I thank God every day that I  became a teacher. I have had 30 wonderful years teaching children to read and to love animals.    I have only felt true fear once. but, more of that at a later time:    160 days and the  first 6 week grading period ends on Friday.  wooooo hooooo!!!


      Damn!   I wish I could show these photos to my students.   My "cool"  with the kids would really go up.
   
                              



                                             
                                               
                                            hummer saying good-bye :  heading to Baja   :
                                                              I'll join you in June

                                                            Little Boy turning red

No comments:

Post a Comment