Tuesday, September 3, 2013

i'm an obsolete dinosaur. 176 days.

Oh!  it's hot here in North Texas.  I'm sitting here eating out of the ice cream container enjoying every morsel.  Bowl? ha.   It's a good thing I'm retiring.  Showed my students how to access 221 e books for free today.   GEEZ!!!  Now they don't even need me to find books.  I put them on my library homepage so I could make myself obsolete even fasster.   I'm a dinosaur because I hate charging my cell phone. It's so annoying.  I hate new computers.  I hate updating because my boss keeps updating his email.  But, I ain't no dinosaur when it comes to quilting.  I love art quilts.  I love dyeing my own fabric and I love teaching quilting. I sponsor quilt club after school.  176  school days and I can begin teaching adults how to quilt and make art quilts.  I read about medical insurance last night and how it changes when I retire.  I can truly say I'm a dinosaur.  When did the insurance companies get so powerful that they can deny a surgery, a drug or test that my physician has ordered.  It says it in the first paragraph:  even if your doctor orders it, and "they" the frickin insurance co. deems its not needed  or too expensive I have to pay for it.  Then why the hell do I see a doctor, to help me stay alive and have a quality of life?  I might as well call the insurance company and make an appointment for them to do surgery since they have all my money.  What has happened to this country?  Those last 6 words mean I'm a dinosaur.  It's time to be humble.  I'm just too old. 
Why can't I pay insurance only when I need it????????? ummmmm.
                                                                 Art  Quilts I have made




No comments:

Post a Comment