Friday, September 6, 2013

14 year olds.

I'm getting too old for this job.  It is not the children!  its the adults, the paper work, the technology, and the drama that's driving me crazy.  I tried to google why I am crazy but never got an answer.  Middle School ?  I have spent almost my entire adult life thinking like a 14 year old.  It's going to be unnerving to think like an adult.  Wow!! to purchase adult clothes.  How scary.  I haven't read an adult book in 5 years.  Have you ever joined a book club?  I have joined 2.  I have been fortunate to have joined a group of people from all walks of life, all kinds of jobs and all kinds of education. It's interesting how each of us come away from a book differently when you have had different life experiences.  When you read...you bring your own personal baggage to a book.  One of my little girls discovered "Cinder" last year by  Meyer. She loved it so much she brought in her personal copy and begged me to read it.  I am not a sci-fi fan but it is a truly wonderful modern fairy tale.  Its a fairy tale w/ emperors, cyborgs and space ships.   I'm 1/2 way through "Scarlet" book 2 to find out what happened to Cinder, the handsome emperor and the Lunar Queen.  The book Cinder has stayed with me for so long  that I have created my own theory about our crisis to the environment.  I truly believe that we came from Mars.  We became a superior species and destroyed Mars.  Somehow when we landed on earth we created the dinosaurs and destroyed them too.  Just look at Mars.  Humans destroyed that planet.  Took all the minerals and water from the moon and ended up settling on earth.  And, now we are destroying earth.  It just amazes me that I have internalized this over the years and now believe I am right.  Your great grandchildren will study this theory someday in school.  Can't wait until I make my art quilt where George hangs a moon.     I met Ms. Meyer at a conference and she is just darling.
                                                                   174 days left and George hangs a moon                                     
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment