Wednesday, September 18, 2013

it's just life getting in the way

Went to work today.  Can't believe I'm not sore enough to stay home.  I can't believe I have a guardian angel.  Nothing broken.  Nothing bruised.  Not even raccoon eyes.  The Doc at the ER didn't even look at my chart.  Got the shot to knock me out and let me sleep.  That must be why I have no bruising.  I'm still really sore. I'm just not sore enough to burn a sick day.  I need those sick days to take quilt classes.  The ER doctor  prescribed medication I'm allergic too.  How terrifying.  I always ask as I leave if the prescription has anything in it that I'm allergic to.  I was just too stoned to ask, but, I did ask if anyone wanted to go dancing w/ me.    2 choices with a bad prescription.    Go back to ER or see my primary care doctor.  Doctor it was.  3 of the meds I'm on are making me crazy.  Finally I have the answer.  But, they are the drugs of choice.  No one will take me off of them.  No one.  And, I'm scared to stop because breast cancer leads to bone cancer.  So, I must have a guardian angel. I went to the doctor and didn't try to self-medicate.
 There is a type of "rehab" now for patients who keep falling.  Geez!  what next? 
I hate it when you take a day off  from work and come back and  find people missing.  Nobody's talking.  Nobody knows what happened.  And, here I am wanting to know if we should send cards or flowers to these people.   I swear all this drama and rehab is just life.  Life.  I'm finally old enough to understand  Life will never be fair.  I can run and run and think like a 14 year old but  again life just happens to get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment