Monday, September 16, 2013

Long day and a very long nite.

Kids are so forgiving.  One of my oddest boys today asked about my weekend.  I started sweating around 8:00 today.  I said I was a little sad because a friend of mine had died.  He told me it was ok to be sad and to still try to have a good day. I wonder if all this sweating is stress related.  They were so quiet and good today.  They worked so flippin hard:  we were still working when the dismissal bell rang.
 32 years of teaching.  4 years retired.  her heart just stopped.  The worst part is she was younger than me.  I just can't put on a happy face tomorrow. She was my mentor, my first friend here and when it got chaotic she always listened and then we went out for dinner.  She went with me to Chemo when George was unable to.  Cut my hair when it first started growing back.  Hug your children tonite.  Call your parents.  Hug your husband and say a prayer that all will be well tomorrow.  One day you are alive and the next you may be dead.  One of her favorite sayings:  and this too shall pass.   Tonite when you close your eyes make sure your priorities are in the right order.  I have to hug George a lot tonite.  I miss her so much.  167 days and I can't tell her how sad I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment