Tuesday, September 17, 2013

finally a true adventure on a work day

Yesterday was a truly long day.  The weather has broken and we are having beautiful nites.  When George and I came home last evening I grabbed the leashes and said lets go for a walk.  We only circle the block so that Maggie will not learn there are other blocks.  I don't want her to leave the neighborhood if she escapes. Our cat Cali is a roamer and wanderer.  She always goes on the walks with us.  She is so funny.  She walks along the gutter and runs from car to car.  We are starting our 4th year walking in only one direction.  To help get over my long day, I decided to have an adventure and go in the opposite direction.  My oh My!  The fireworks went off.  George complained and moaned.  He is one who hates change.  Maggie was upset that George and Max would go the other direction and Cali sat in the gutter between all of us.  The only one happy on the adventure was George Jr.  He had all kinds of different smells to discover.  We didn't go 4 houses. George Moping and Snarling.   Cali  Meowing.  and Maggie Hyperventilating.  Yup! I tripped over Maggie and went down nose first. I remember my nose slamming into the grass and dirt thinking I have to protect my shoulder, my ligaments and my knees.    With my nose in the dirt, I  had enough time to think that this adventure sucks and I want to go home.  My neighbor came running.  I remember saying :  I just want to lay here for a little while.  Needless to say:   My Left hand is bruised.  My right wrist looks funny and my knee is swollen.  My nose hurts and I am swollen under my left eye.  George said at least we got to meet our new neighbors.  12 x-rays later and nothing is broke.  I went to the ER for the shot in the butt.  Ummmmm I like those shots but, Lord! they burn going in.
                                                             More about this adventure tomorrow.

                                                         A perfect fur-person to flip over.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like unnecessary excitement.....you still have George Jr....he must be getting up there...It's gonna snow in the mountains!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow!! I'm so jealous. George Jr. has to be at least 14. We've been here yikes starting my 7th year. Its so hot again. Supposed to have a cold front coming soon.

    ReplyDelete