Thursday, September 12, 2013

i hate being the oldest

I am actually 3 months older than my boss.  A new teacher that was hired is 3 years older than me but it's his second career.  It's a huge responsibility to give advice.  I give it and they listen or don't listen.  All I can do is bite my lips.  Its so hard getting old.  My calves hurt.  My feet hurt.  My shoulder hurts and my eyelashes even hurt.  I hate this medicine.  I couldn't even subtract numbers correctly today.   Children are so forgiving.  They watch me have a meltdown and whisper to me I made a mistake.  I wouldn't change my job for all the money in the world. Well maybe all the money would be tempting.  Young teachers need to get a handle on their classes the first 2 weeks of school.  If you don't those kids will eat your lunch.  Its about routines and expectations.  If they start driving you crazy:  stop.  reteach the routine.  Then, if that doesn't work call the parents.  Call on the good kids too.  If you can take away the audience of the kid that is driving you crazy:  it's easy to breeze into spring.

                                                  wish I was here.   169 days and still counting

No comments:

Post a Comment