Thursday, March 20, 2014

To Read or not to Read.

America.  We all go to school.  We all have the same opportunity.  Some take advantage of this opportunity.  Others never learn to read or keep a job.  Is it environmental or is it genetic?  Some kids from the same family will become independent and successful as other siblings will be dependent on someone or something for life.   It's not about material things or college degrees.  It's about success and how you raise your children.  It's how you value education.  An American hero is a dad who gets up and goes to work every  single day and stays involved in your life.  Some heroes have to work two jobs to make sure you get supper every night. My dad was an American Hero.  My grandmothers never went to school, but, they worked hard in a foreign country.  I remember my parents always reading.  They never received college degrees. I was given books but no one read to me.   I hated school.  I dropped out several times.  I flunked my first semester of college.  I did not want to go to college.  In America you get to screw up and disappoint your dad several times.  But, the opportunities never stop.  I have a college degree and a Masters in Environmental Studies.  I have worked all over the world.  I have taught hundreds of children to read.   I never worked hard. I hope my great grandparents are proud of me and proud of my parents for making me value reading and education.  America the home of second chances.   Here are some UFO's (unfinished objects)

                                                         binding today
                                                     finished painting.  Ready to place in bag.
                                             79 days and will begin to make pattern for quilt
                                             I wish George would look at me like this.
                                                 block 6 of foot quilt
                                   Look what I found.  12 UFO's.   Embroidered and Ready to place in quilt. 
                                                            Cleaning can discover new things.
Had to get up 8 today.  Spring Break over on Monday.  Guess I will get dressed and shoes.  YUCK!  But wait!  only 56 school days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment