Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hemingway

WoW!  I now have more posts than calendar days left.  Hemingway?  Did you know in Florida; Hemingway left a sanctuary for cats.  Now I have a good reason to see the Florida Keys.  50 polydactyl cats live there now in peace.  He did not like cats in the beginning but grew to love them.  I love my cats; each and  of them.  My AP started a book group with my library aide.  He reads stuff like Dante's Infernal.  Yes, he's only 14.  They started reading:  "For Whom the Bell Tolls"   It's fiction.  But, my little guy and AP had questions about the "facts" in the book.  Never ever, read about the facts until a book is done.  It always bursts your bubble if you do.  They learned.  Hemingway definitely did not like women even though he was married 4 times.  He committed suicide like his dad.  I became curious.  You always bring your personal baggage to a book.  I'm on Chapter 19.  My favorite Hemingway is Island in the Streams.  I also love the movie staring George C. Scott.  He writes so well you can smell the ocean.  Their next book is Pet Semetary by King.  Then, the Count of Monte Cristo.  I will be "listening" to the count over spring break as my sewing machine purrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment