Thursday, March 13, 2014

books!

I have never been one to read more than one book at a time.  So how the hell am I reading 3?  I just want to live in the Lunar Chronicles.  Lord!  I just love Cres.  I confess!  I do.  My heart goes pittar patter every time they talk about the prince.  It's only 500 pages of intense, intense. Then I started that:  war is hell book by Hemingway.  Man!  I hate bludgeoning women and I detest womanizers even more. I love Hemingway but I'm just to old to like shallow women and the men who make them shallow.  I just can't endure romance novels.  I have 200 pages left of a 500 page semi-nonfiction book:  did I say semi??? Its historical fiction based on real life.  During an obscure battle during the civil war 15,000 men died.  That was a time before soldiers had dog tags and could be identified.  This woman and her slave:  took it upon themselves to re-bury and mark the graves of these soldiers.  The plantation has become a national park.  It's the only adult book I've read in years but, Cres was released and I have 3 teachers waiting for it.  $18.00 for a kid book.  Just plain unreasonable.  Not one but 2 I bought for the library. 
                                                         finished and mounted
                                                          doggie bow ties

                                                      soon to be quilts:  feet and tails

                                                              definately waiting to be quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment