Monday, February 24, 2014

So, how long does it take?

I've spent 20 summers not working.  By early August I'm just a mess, knowing I have my days and nites all screwed-up;  knowing I have to be back at work in 10 days.  What does it feel like??  June 1,  and Aug 1, knowing I do not have to get into a routine or ever work again.  When will retirement set in?  It took me 20 years to realize I was old.  It took me 10 years to realize I am an art quilter.  It took me 10 years to realize that I married a great man.  (he likes to work, he ain't an idiot, and no one else on this earth would have let me care for 10 cats when we were flat broke).  How long will it take me to realize:  I'm free.  Free at last ( you know that feeling when you take your shoes off - after a very long day: free at last).
Put the back on my cowboy quilt.  Starting the doggie collars this week.  Photos to follow.  15 weeks, 105 calendar days 70 school days.  Wait Less than 70 :  sort of.  Texas Library association is having:  James Patterson, Henry Winkler, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Lemony Snicket present.  I get to go.  Yippeeeee!!!  I can't believe I get to meet Lemony Snicket.  I saw him on a talk show when his books were first published and he did the entire interview wearing a paper-bag.  I stalked critters in Disneyland, Stalked Lauren Hutton in Dallas, Drooled over Andrew Mccarthy in Austin and Dallas and now I'm proud to say:  I'm going to find:  Snicket's true Identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment