Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Can't live with it. Can't live without it.

Technology.  When it works it works.  When it doesn't....you just want to throw it out the door.  Kind of like a bad husband.   You're just stuck with it.  Can you remember panty hose?  Can you remember living without a blow dryer?  Can you remember life before a microwave?  Can you remember life without "cuddle duds" or Nikes? Can you remember only 2 brands of cereal and 1 brand of cat food.  Can you remember life before high tech face soap?  My sewing machine is being held hostage in Dallas until I get paid again.  She needed a few parts.  10 years old and just needed a little tweeking.  I'm having withdrawals.  Our microwave is being held hostage.  Who ever heard of boiling water for hot chocolate and oatmeal?  Our wash machine has bit the dust.  Can't decide if I need the warranty or not.  $300 flippin' dollars for the darn thing.  Went and got gas today.  Even after 4 years it still burns me up that $20 doesn't fill the tank.  Now I'm thinking about an IPAD.  Can you remember life before the internet??  Can you remember life before instant oatmeal  Will I remember life in 117 calendar days?  Will I remember being a teacher?  Will I get my microwave back?  Ummmm:  sewing machine or microwave???  Wash Machine or Laundromat???  damn! damn!  damn!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment