Friday, February 21, 2014

Days and nites.

Its 70 degrees again today.  So glad I'm not moving 500 lbs of snow.  But, I feel Like I'm weighing 500 lbs.  My proportions are so out of control:  no wonder I can't zip my pants.   If I weighed like 500 lbs of snow would that make me lighter? (whiter?)  72 days of school left.  Days are getting longer.  We are moving into spring.  I had a chat w/ George about retirement.  It takes me about 2 wks he thinks : but I think more like 4 1/2 wks into summer vacation to get my days and nites all screwed-up where I'm going to bed after 2 AM.  Sleeping until 11:30.  Still in jammies at 4 pm.   Well in 107 (oh my!) days:  I'm going to have to be really, really self-disciplined about going to bed before 2 AM.  I truly don't want to get my days and nites mixed up.  Maybe I will walk Maggie every morning.  I know she won't let me sleep in if this becomes a routine.  Maggie this gorgeous, loving dog, was found covered w/ 97% of her body in mange.  So malnurished that she was standing on toes not feet.  But she had a will to live and found me.  She is so very grateful to have a family.
tidbit:  did you know that mange in dogs is called scabies in humans?

                                                         Maggie and George Jr. looking out front window on couch.
             My Maggie 10 1/2 years.  Healthy, happy and well protected.
Still enjoys eating ants.  Was her only protein for months until I found her and was brave enough to bring her home:  she was so malnourished I was afraid her diseases would transfer to us our or pets.  But, George let me keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment