Friday, August 30, 2013

I love my job, I love those kids, but I'm still counting 177 days.

Time to read that retirement binder and sign them documents.  Tattled on the "coolest" kid at school yesterday.  His mom made him take  his "supplies" out of his locker today.  Pencil, notebook.  Geez!!!  What a concept:  "I'm at school and I need to learn something" . I had 14 year old boys saying their times tables today and fighting for a "starburst"  It's so sad some of them gave up before they tried.  Those kids just break my heart.  We also have kids who can't spell their name.  These guys break my heart too.  Somebody has to take a stand and revamp the American School System.  It's too late for me.  But, you young teachers need to get control and help these kids to become undisenfranchised ( is that a word) and take some pride.  These kids will be running the country when you are my age. Become administrators or superintendents and do what's right for these kids.   And, another school shooting in the south.  Oh, how my heart hurts.  3-day weekend coming up.  Man I need a thick t-bone to chomp down on.  So, sad, so sad:  I still have to get up around 8 ish.  No jammies until 11:00.  Can't get my days and nites mixed-up.  Still gotta get up and go to work on Tuesday.......so sad.  so unglad.  But  35 weeks left and counting.
Smithsonian Zoo in DC:  just had a successful panda birth.  I met the mother:



This is how I truly believe I will live my retirement days.  Relaxed, unstressed and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment