Saturday, August 17, 2013

This is the first day of my last day....

Once upon a time, about 30 years ago I became a teacher. At that time teachers had no respect. We made no money the schools were a mess, test scores were at an all time low. When I went out and met people at parties or other places I lied and said I was a waitress. No questions, no discussions, no verbal abuse about being underpaid or how bad it was in the schools. It seemed that everyone I was meeting was over-educated, over-paid, and over-dressed. Man!! They were good-looking and always had money in their pockets! But I purr-serverred. And now in 2013, oh what a beautiful year, the cycle has completed. Teachers are respected, underpaid, and the test scores are at an all time low. But this is my last year. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. 192 days 4 hours and 17 minutes. Last Sunday night I told George 192 days 4 hours and 17 minutes. He said you can do it. Monday morning I whined I didn't want to go to work. Its not fair. Why do I have to work? I don't want to do this anymore. I cried all the way to work. Tears rolled down my eyes. I was laughing so hard saying this is my first day of my last day and its only 191 days to go.
My kind, gentle father in California who taught me to love animals. Who always believed in me and made the last 30 years possible. I have had a wonderful career. 187 days to go.

1 comment:

  1. WhooHoo! You started your blog! Too bad they didn't have these 30 years ago. The stories you could have written about!

    ReplyDelete