Monday, August 26, 2013

my last first day of school.

I have had 29 first days of school.  Where does the time go.  For the past 10 years I've been a public school librarian.  I love my job.  I spend hours of each day;  telling children they grew up, are pretty/handsome and I have something special for you to read.  10 years its been about self-esteem.  As money gets tighter, and budgets disappear,  I am now in the classroom teaching math.  The children come so eager to learn.  Their parents say you mind your teacher, she's pretty and smart.  How do these children  become so disenfranchised with school and have such shattered self esteems.  We have got to revitalize our schools and change the system or we will have a lost generation.  So, sad, so sad. 
Watched a movie today.  Never made it to Baby Miller.  It's called Emperor:  stars Tommy Lee Jones.  It is definitely worth the time to watch.  Can't wait to get back to my art quilts.  Had a dream last night about Swiss Cheese and my treadle.   181 days.   and to teach my students to believe in themselves.

Photos from Frederick,Oklahoma   Airman jumping and waiting to jump.




I have lived a privileged life.  Never had to wait for soldiers to come to my city and make me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment