Thursday, August 29, 2013

Once upon a time in a farway place it got hotter and hotter.

Texas weather is so hot and it's almost September.  It just drains you of energy.  Once upon a time in a far away place I dreamed of going to France. (took 20 kids so I could see Eiffel Tower)   I dreamed of being retired.  I dreamed of being rich.  I am rich says the government.  I have made over a million dollars and only have cats, 2 dogs, a bird, a husband and a lovely sewing machine that purrs and purrs. The reality of all this money is "they" never let you have it all at one time.   Having girls nite out tonite.  No time for sewing.  Need to catch up on the juicy stuff at school.  While looking for the Smoke's photo last nite I saw a photo of my Abby.  She would have been 17 last April.  I miss her so much.  I never realized how much time I spent with her every night. No one but me, George and Max were allowed in the room.  I've been trying to make this up to the other pets but Liz is such a bully.  Abby got down to 6 pounds and it hurt to hold her.  She slept by my head every night with my hand next  to her.  Now when I sleep Liz lays next to me and I hold her foot.  I can not ever imagine a house without pets.  Pets love you no matter what.  Pets make you get up each morning so they can eat no matter what.  And, pets snuggle with you when you are sad, grumpy or ill.  Now if I could just get them to do dishes and dust.  I'm so glad that in America they have become part of the family.  I will never have a perfect house, a clean house, a house without pet hair or finish a quilt without cat hair.   Life is too precious to worry about white carpet.
A small wall hanging I made before Abby fell ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment