Sunday, August 25, 2013

182 days and a new sewing machine.

Went to Frederick, OK yesterday.  That is the place where the paratroops were trained for D-Day.  Twice a year they train the next generation to jump.  They dress up in WWII regalia and jump out of a plane that actually flew over Normandy.   A year or so ago a parent volunteer gave me his great grandmother's treadle sewing machine.  It was used hard.  I want to buy the original decals for her.  A friend of mine is rebuilding the original cabinet.  She actually sews.  She was built June 15, 1910 and became obsolete by 1913.   My singer has an oblong bobbin. I can't use it until the cabinet is rebuilt.  I can't wait.  Heavy!  It's like she has a lead base.  Tomorrow is the last time I will have a first day of school.  We have to be there at 7:00 am.  Yikes!!!  Smiley faces and glad you are here "stuff".   Children are so eager the first few days and then life jumps in. 




My last summer vacation until I retire.  I can't wait until I'm always on summer vacation.  Man!!!  I need a few days off again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment