Monday, August 19, 2013

Punishment

Man!!! I had a hard time getting out of bed today.  6 hours of punishment.  But it wasn't so bad.  I want to be positive.  It's so hard because I know the crap behind many of the presentations.  They want to do a school wide service project to address "Texas hunger"  I didn't have the courage to say:  these kids wouldn't be hungry if the kids didn't come to school  in $150 Nikes or pay $135 or more for kid's cellular data plans etc. etc.  Now, "they"  have these lines behind semi-trucks for backpacks and school supplies.  Parents don't even have to shop for school items anymore with their children.  Shopping for school supplies used to be the highlight of returning to school when my parents took me to the store.     The PhotoQuilter's family hasn't had TV in 4 years.  We almost died the first 6 months. But,  We survived.   Last year we bought a cheap antenna and watch 2 channels:  CBS and NBC.    We have no data plans on our cell phones because I use that money to feed stray cats.  I guess it's all about choice and responsibility.  I will be co-teaching w/ a math teacher two periods this year.  It's going to be fun to be back in the classroom.  I've been the school librarian for 15 years and haven't read an adult book in 5.     Well!! I have an appointment w/ head of personnel tomorrow.  I found a 2008 pay scale and a 2012 pay scale yesterday while cleaning
and if I had stayed on the 2008 payscale:  I'd be making more money:  Now isn't that something to wonder about!!!!
Our vet said "She is the fattest stray I've seen in a long time".  Cali will never  be hungry again.
I actually have the energy to quilt tonite.  Putting on binding on a small art quilt and starting the finishing touches of a bed size quilt for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment