Tuesday, January 7, 2014

sometimes it pays to be poor

Just finished watching movie "Mud". Excellent. Thriller. Unexpected ending(s). We don't have tv. Just 2 stations. I refuse to pay $85 + for tv. But after 3 years I broke down and got Netflix. If you want to save on tv: drop cable or your dvr and go for netflix. With that savings of $85/month = $850/year that I get to spend on fabric. Sometimes we are so poor that I have to be creative and dig out scraps that I have been saving for decade(s). Never throw anything away. I have boxes and bags of stuff I never will take to the dumpster. And, then: I look and I look. Then I remember my scrap bags. Everything I need is in that box. Isn't life great when you are poor? But, give me a rich man any day and I will be just as happy. 99 days to go. Yesterday was the first day of my last semester as a kid teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment