Friday, January 17, 2014

did a workshop in my jammies last nite.


Did a workshop last nite in my bed.  Watched Judy Coates Perez paint and make an art quilt.  Maybe I will have to get used to a little more technology in my life I can't wait to try it.   She did the entire workshop w/out a drop of paint on her.  Me.  I'm covered in paint.  Shirt, pants, shoes and fingers.  Sometimes my lips get stained.  I've got to quit sucking on my paint brush.  Interesting tidbit.  She put down her paint w/ sponge brush and every color but the final color.  That way the final color doesn't blend into background.  Who would a thunk?  Have a great weekend.  Monday I have 139 calendar days left.


 Samples of quilts made by my last 2 teachers:  Laura Wasiloski and Susan Brubaker Knapp
 I have been honored to suck their brains.  Amazing women who have been able to support families with their artistic talents

1 comment:

  1. lol, you are too funny! what you don't see is I often have it on the side of my hand or forearm and I have it permanently on the cuffs of several shirts :-)

    ReplyDelete