Wednesday, January 29, 2014

signed the forms

Signed my first set of forms for retirement.  Now I know why you have to start at least 90 days prior.  Have to get a certified copy of mine and George's birth certificates w/ state seal.    George has to prove how old he is as a spouse.  Then I have to have a notary prove that I am me:  so I can pick a date to retire.  Then I have to have a bank official sign the document saying that if I die my beneficiary is not allowed to cash my checks.  Went to online Vital Statistics:  $84 to get a birth certificate.  Wrong place.  Went to Iowa health and human resources.  $20.  Yikes just to prove I was born:  copy of copy not acceptable.  Then its additional $13 to use a debit card.  So I have to send a check to save $13 and the check and application have to match:  but it has to be notarized to prove that I am alive and was once born.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment