Friday, January 31, 2014

OK! I'll play

Paradigm:  a typical example or pattern of something; a model.  For 15 years 5 different schools I have always had lunch between 11:00 and 11:30.  Well that paradigm has shifted.  I now eat lunch at 12:30.  All alone.  Ummm I used to eat with other teachers and we would solve the world problems or solve a need that a child would need.  But it makes the afternoon go really really fast.  My paradigm has shifted.  I keep missing attendance:  I think I got another 90 min.  My paradigm is off.  I no longer get to solve the world problems:  And, I'm so flippin' hungry.  I got to remember to bring munchies.  Have you heard about "Mary's Papers".  Found in archives in an old quilt.  A diary from the 1640's right before the Salem Trials.  Going to have to research that.  Started reading "witch child" by Reese.  The author did the research and is staying true to diary.  They hung her grandmother as a witch and sent her to America to guard the secret.  Now she dresses in sad grey clothes.  Worth the read.  I'm only on page 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment