Tuesday, January 21, 2014

not the way my mother did it

Ran out of quilt spray.  Ran to local store and discovered it had doubled  in price.  Yikes!!!  When mom made quilts : her and her mother would spend hours getting the top, batting and bottom straight. Then another hour putting in safety pins so the darn thing wouldn't wiggle.   Not anymore:  I just use basting spray and no pins.  This new stuff:  Sullivans:  talked about a few  classes ago   is repositional and re-glues itself by steam.  Also doesn't stain.  Worth the investment.  Took 1/2 the time to straighten and get out wrinkles.  Maybe I need stock in it.  Man!!  when am I going to learn to put away my cables.  Have photos.   Back in 10 or 20 min  when I can find the frickin' cable  for camera to laptop.  Found in the darn camera bag:  lesson:  don't clean sewing room.  After class came home and shaded tiger.  He looks like coming off fabric and my own photo.  Going to mount in frame.

courtesy:  Susan Brubaker Knapp:  I love you Susan:  Tiger thread painted.  Snow flakes:  thread painted and painted:

No comments:

Post a Comment