Sunday, April 27, 2014

Oh My! Men are men

  I have a thing against the cats eating our yard birds.  George has a thing about our cats eating his Parrot "Packer".  George enjoys the cats eating our yard birds.  I don't like it : they carry fleas and can give a cat worms - among other things.  This little sparrow was captured by Lizzie but George thinks it was Smokey.  Lizzie tried to tell me something and kept looking for it in my sewing studio.  I kept hearing this crinkle of people and as it got louder just dreaded the fact that the mice were back.  George put on his birding gloves and after a few false starts and the poor little sparrow knocking himself out against a glass window George caught him w/ his birding gloves.  I opened the door and told George to put him on a table until he good fly again because of his mild concussion.  As soon as George laid him down the poor little bugger started flappin' his wings and the cats came a'runnin.  He saw Cali and flew into the back wall and landed at her feet.  Cali held him and he tweeted like crazy.  George said it was tooooo late.  Cat bacteria in back of neck would kill him anyway.  I screamed let him go.  Take him away. After a few minutes of torture - and me whining:  George made Cali drop him and he flew under the car straight into Lyle's paws.  I gave up and said it must be his day to die.  Let it be.  I went to brush my teeth and George said he was back in my sewing room.  Cali dropped him off.  George put on his birding gloves and after a few false starts and the poor little sparrow knocking himself out against a back wall George caught him w/ his birding gloves.  I opened the door and told George to take him out front until he good fly again because of his mild concussion.  George put out back in a tree.  A female cardinal kept squawking at him and finally I watched him fly away.  George missed him.  It was not his day to die and he had no actual bite marks.  We should have taken him to the front the first time.  Poor little bugger.  I can't stand them being tortured..

No comments:

Post a Comment