Thursday, April 10, 2014

And broken heart

Been having a great time at the Library Conference.  Just came from a panel of 6 authors.  Just delightful.  I can't believe I have read several books from these creative people.  You bring your personal baggage to each book and these books have brought me so much pleasure.  You are never alone when you read.  However....there is collaboration on a book where both authors share in the writing process.  And then:  there is the "and".  I want my $25 back.  Bought a book and had it signed.  $25.  Guess what?  the book had author's name and : and +  another name attached.  Oh my!! The author is no longer the writer.  It broke my heart.   The author has become a corporation.  Did you know that?  A corporation.  He has an idea.  Writes an outline and sends it off for someone else to write and Rewrite.   Then the corporation does a quick edit.  That's the way movies are made.  That's the way tv is made.   and.   from Now on:  if the book has an "and" to it......you know it wasn't written by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment