Thursday, June 5, 2014

what a flippin' let down.

  What was I thinking?  After 33 summer vacations.......my body and mind have to adjust.  It was just another day driving to work.  Turning in my keys was bitter sweet.  Same key chain for 11 years.  George got me from Seattle.  Parts missing and no longer said Seattle and a round thingy from an old purse I tossed years ago.  My keys were color coded.  Easy to turn in at security:  but they were laughing so hard at my t-shirt "retired"  I couldn't even tear up.  What a relief to turn in keys that cost $200 to replace.  Got a great gift from my Library Assistant.  15 years and first time ever! to have an assistant.  The summer cold from hell!  Day 2.  I don't think I can find enough tissue in Texas to stop my runny nose.  So no hugs or kisses except from the brave and bold.  They will remember me in 10 days.  No one will want to be my partner in quilt class tomorrow.  How long will it take to realize I have money, I have insurance and I don't have to ever work again?  Will it be when I wake up tommorrow?  Will it be when librarians return to work Aug 10th?  Will it be when I do my first $5 movie on a Tues afternoon?  I feel like summer vacation. But, Lord!!!! it feels good.
                                                                            dog show and booth

                                                      to kill a mocking bird
                                                    paint class

No comments:

Post a Comment