Sunday, June 15, 2014

Is this Happiness? or does life just happen.

Went to Quilt show in Abilene, Texas.  Had a great time.  Lots of ideas to steal.  It's amazing how people come out of the woodwork when you get in trouble.  So, I guess that is true happiness.  Had a freak storm come through Abilene on Thursday.  At least I was parked and not driving.  Lost my front windshield, blew out my rear windshield and scratches on my side windows.  Hope "they" don't total my car.  She's good for 30,000 more even though I'm at 171,000 miles.   Baseball size hail.  Yup!!  not golf ball but baseball size hail.  Dents all over my car.  Front end tore up.  One of the cats can curl up comfortably in the dents. Headlight out and tail light broken.  But, I'm safe and unharmed.  A gentleman staying next to me:  swept the broken glass out of my car and when I went to buy  duck tape :  this couple of 37 years of marriage helped me tape plastic to my rear window.  I had George come pick me up.  I wanted him to follow me home just in case I lost the front windshield in the middle of no where and had to get towed.  So:  Happiness:  is I wasn't robbed or mugged and I home safe and now I get to pay all the deductibles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment