Friday, October 11, 2013

Headaches, quilting headaches, work headaches and technology headaches.

Man! oh Man!  I feel like someone took a Lead Pipe and slammed me between the eyes.  Can't seem to shake it.  It was miserable on the crazy pills but I never hurt.  You hear about cancer and all the poisons, slicing, dicing and  burning they do to you, but,  you never hear what happens to you a year later or 2 years later.  Recovery just sucks.  Recovery on my laptop just sucks.  It is 10 years old and is slower than a cell phone with a dieing battery.  The hard drive must have a headache. I feel like taking a Lead Pipe to it.   I hate being forced into upgrading.  Pretty soon my cell phone won't run unless I buy the data plan.  I will hold out as long as I can. $39/ month.
 I can take a two day quilt class on software for my machine or creating patterns.  Come home and try it and after an hour I'm stuck and stuck and stuck.  George comes along and plays with it for 10 minutes and I'm sewing and sewing again.  I broke down and bought a baby back-up for this laptop and had George look at it.   My laptop is now picking out its casket.   Decision.  New laptop or a weekend at the International Quilt Show.  I hate making adult decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment