Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Went to maximum security prison today.

Had a 3 hour tour of Allred Prison.  If you don't behave in the state of Texas you end up at Allred.  We saw general population and then the segregated cell block.  I know people who have closets bigger than these cells.  A steal bed w/ a cheap mattress a toilet and small table.  And, you have a roommate.  You are allowed snacks if you have a family giving you money but nothing personal on the walls.  Clothes and shoes are provided and your clothes come back from the laundry and you could be wearing your neighbors socks and underwear.  It was really humbling.  You have rights and you have rules.  So, many rules, so many doors, so many guards.  I don't ever want to be arrested and I am grateful I got to go home.  I will never be able to understand what it must feel like to hear a judge say "25 years".  We had the chew toy and K-9 dog tonite in class.  Photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment