Tuesday, November 26, 2013

the last holiday

115 days left and I become a professional artist.     195 calendar days and I am no longer a professional middle school teacher.  Today is the last time I will leave school for Thanksgiving Holidays.  This week was the last time I will decorate the library for the winter holidays.   YIPPPEEEE!!!!  I have led a blessed life.  I surround myself with books, children and pets.  And, I have a husband that makes a turkey the way his grandma made them.   10 years ago, when we were first married, George thought I would make Thanksgiving dinner.  Ha!  The Weds before Thanksgiving we finally went to the store to buy a turkey and all the fixin's.  He got up at 6 and made pie, turkey and mashed potatoes.  10 years later he continues making a giant stock pot of mashed potatoes that we never ever eat before they turn funky. This year we broke our family tradition and bought a turkey on Tuesday.  Last year we went to the grocery so late on Weds that they only had 4 turkey-lurkeys left.   And, I am  proud to confess that in over a 1/2 century I have never ever stuck my hand in a turkey's butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment