Monday, November 4, 2013

the woes of being a teacher...........

Reading how do you make a child read:?  Does it really matter what a 14 year old read as long as it is enjoyable?  I was just thinking...........    The rule is:  you are reading or you are not reading.  5.0 you are reading.  6.0 you can read anything. 
Anything above 6.0 is about content sometimes vocabulary.  Content:  such as sex,   drugs, alcohol and violence.
Most enjoyable books for our kids are around 5.0-6.0.  Some have 100 pgs some have 300 pgs but its still 6.0.     Even Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet is under a 4.0.  I even called AR on it.  It took a week to get the answer.  Many phone calls from me and customer service but of course they were right.  I would hate to be a parent now.  Such horrible violent, worthless sex out there in books.  Kind of sounds like that Game of Thorns I (yappers)  quit watching.  132 days left and im spending the nite making cat beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment