Thursday, December 12, 2013

sitting in new orleans

Made it to New Orleans.. Had to be at the airport at 6 am. didn't get to hotel until after 4 pm. Its been a very long day. It was too late to sight see. I walked around looking for something to eat. Had red beans and rice. Just the way I remember it Decatur street used to be a creepy street. Now they have a river walk, aquarium and lots of shopping. Meals start at $28. ouch. Lots and lots of live music. spent my evening listening to blues and zydeco. tried to watch tv: 75 stations and I could only find War Horse to watch. Going to swim pool next. Sitting in lobby writing this. I'm tooo cheap to pay $16 for it. Room with tax is $150. I think that is more than enough. They also want $33/ night to park a car. To get a class of milk: its $4.50 through room service + $3.00 delivery charge. Went to 3 convenience stores and none carry milk. Went to find the apartment I lived in 30 years ago. Still exists. photos later. Its right off of bourbon street. Now its a seedy, creepy part of Bourbon. I'm looking forward to class tomorrow but not looking forward to being brain dead. It will be interesting who gets put in my group..

No comments:

Post a Comment