Thursday, December 19, 2013

a special relationship

I have a special relationship with my sewing machine. With these new high tech computerized machines : you get so many stitches and the little puppy shuts down. It politely lights up a screen that says: take me to your dealer now for updates and a cleaning. I'm getting close to that magic number now. Took her to a guy in Oklahoma a few years back. He screwed up the machine and it never worked right. After a year here in TX with the local service guy and about $500 later.... She was boxed up and sent to Chicago. She got new parts, new guts and a new chord. Even where my Lizzie had permanently left little teeth marks was replaced. (when my first came out of box there was a little adhesive left on wheel. Liz has a thing for adhesive and her teeth perforated part of the machine). For some reason the top and back was not replaced. Everything else is brand new. Its great to know I have a brand new sewing machine that will last another 20 years...............but it would be real cool to have another one w/ more bells and whistles. Our local service guy no longer services my brand of machine. Now I have to risk finding someone in Dallas. I am so scared. I can't afford a new one and can't afford some 1/2 ass mechanic to work on her again. It's worse than shopping for a new doctor. It's also a 2 1/2 hour drive to drop her off and pick her up. But, I never go more than 48 hrs w/out creating some lovely piece of art with her. 19 hours and I begin winter break. Thinking about going to Sea World in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment