Friday, January 29, 2016

so cool!



Flax and Hemp were exploited in temperate grasslands but adapts to all climates. Today 230 varieties of flax.
  Way cool: 

Pressed flax seed produce linseed oil.  And,  linseed oil is used for weatherproofing such sail cloth today.   I guess that must be the great smell I get when I waterproof my boots.  (always thought it was a turpentine smell)  Linseed oil is used in painting: ( to get color ochre  and iron-rich clay:  from red to golden yellow.  I wonder if that oil painting smell is linseed oil or turpentine.   They also use linseed oil to  feed  ruminants:  cattle, pigs and camels.

Speaking of camels...   I discovered that baby camels are born white and turn brown.  Watched a boy camel growing up on a farm in North Texas while driving to work.
this boy was quite a dancer.  I know because he nailed my back and rear prancing and kicking when I stopped to meet the owner and shoot photos. 

                                                      

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment