Thursday, May 14, 2015

Canibal vs canibalism

We just finished 4 years of hard, hard drought.  Stage 5 water restriction.  But we have had enough rain in the past 30 days to bring lakes back to 55% from 18%.  I just want to take a long, long shower.  While cutting scraps...I found these nasty bugs.  So I decided to clean the far corners of my sewing studio.  During drought we had these huge cracks in back yard (each year deeper and longer) where these bugs would crawl out from the inner earth.  Now with all this water the cracks are gone: the creatures have returned to the deep recesses of earth :  but these new guys are trying to get out of the rain.  My question is???  How long do you keep a kit:  fabric and pattern you bought on impulse but really love :  but haven't seen in 4 or 5 years?  Do I cannibalize the fabric:  or store it again?
  More photos from art class:


I know other countries bugs are a favorite delicacy:  but I just want these guys to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment