Sunday, September 21, 2014

I was blessed today.

Sea Otters were hunted to extinction in the 1800's.  Fish and Game reintroduced the North Sea Otter along the southern California coastline.  I grieve over the number of failed attempts the Feds made trying to return the Sea Otters back along the Coast.  They just didn't understand the dangers of stress syndrome.  Now 40 years later the North Sea Otters are safe and secure.(provided no hunting no environmental tragedy)   Went to beach today to see the sunset.  What a bust.  but I did see a pelican, seal and 3 sea otters.  I could hear the pound, pound, pound as they tried to pry open the clams.  Photos tomorrow.  I had on the wrong lens.  That spot on right center is the sea otter.  So at one time:  California had only South Sea Otters :  ( like: husky and dalmation)  So now 40 years later???? am I looking at the north sea otter or the south sea otter?????  Nature:  Life :  is so amazing to know these sea otters are strong and healthy:  when they started from such a small gene pool.  They are moving south:  Pismo beach is 150 miles south of Monterey Bay where they live.  Yippeee!  Hurray for my professor who began the reintroduction of CA. Sea Otters.  I was blessed today when I looked out on the pier and saw my first Sea Otter in the Wild.

                                                              My first Sea Otter
                                                          First time in Ocean
                                                                   San Louis Obismo Misson
                                                                       art museum
                                                                       mission
                                                      Art Museum:  made out of cloth

No comments:

Post a Comment