Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Well things never go as planned.....

Spent the day dyeing wool.  When I started dyeing - wool needed an acid treatment.  Now its just plain fun.  I make luscious cottons and beautiful colored wools ,but , have never experimented with wool.  Dyeing is so labor intensive... but I love doing it.  So:  I experimented and mixed colors together.   Wool is like $30 / yard now. (so I have to dye my own)    I love creating applique w/ wool and :  just like everything else:  the wool came  4 inches shorter than last time.  {How do you explain that to a customer?}  Wool smells like wet sheep.  Pretty close to a wet dirty dog.  It has to boil for 30 minutes.  Some chemicals don't react w/ the heat so you have to add vinegar:  Picture wet dirty dog and vinegar.  George wants his kitchen back.  While waiting to boil (didn't pioneers boil clothes???) I printed using my fabric sheets:  13 x19.  Man!  technology has changed.  And, I'm under no pressure to hurry, hurry.  I don't have to work tomorrow.  Yippeee!!!  Summer Vacation:  wait:  I'm on summer vacation for-e-ver.  Photos from cat show
                                                                I wantthis angel
                                                    Printed for a 24 x 30 " quilt
                                                          cross-eyed but rescued and in a great loving home
                                                      cats have dwarfs also.  He was born normal.  Never caught up w/ his siblings.  With great medical care and lots of love:  should live to be 8-12
                                            this is a tile:  wouldn't it me a marvelous quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment