Saturday, July 26, 2014

Home at last.

Got Sue to the airport.  Her flight was cancelled:  go figure;  she had to fly from Dallas to Salt Lake to Phoenix (look at map)  so she could be home by 6 and not 11.  Ummmm.  On my way home, I broke down and bought some shorts.  Now I can burn these.  Then I zipped over to the Samurai Exhibit.  It's small but it's amazing and wonderful.  They have the full Samurai uniforms from 700's through 1886 when "the" emperor controlled Japan and took away all privileges.  They explained how the armor was sewn together.  Yappers sewn but it was plates of armor sewn together as to protect the warrior. 30 - 40 pounds.  like our police and firemen wear today.  Not like the European Conquistadors or Crusaders armor of 100s of pounds.  One of the helmets has 32 plates sewn together.  It was a truly exciting exhibit.  As I pulled into my driveway, I got a phone call from Sue.  She finally touched down in Phoenix.  Now to snuggle w/ the cats.  Pay attention to George and protect my super, silky mudd skin.  If you ever get the chance to wrap in mudd.  just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment