Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Polar Bear is Done

Ever sit on a plane for 2 hours and then hear the words:  Passengers will need to return to the holding area until further notice.  That's what it felt like last nite waiting to get to the last and final stitches on my polar bear (personal photograph).  And, then I shot a photo of the front.  Yippee I said and jumped w/ joy.  Then I turned it to the back and screamed:   OH NO!!! That's not right.   (top right hand corner)   This can't be good!!!.  I spent every spare moment I had today finishing the OMG.  I'm glad I did.  It's funny how you attach to some space and just refuse emotionally to cover it up.  Art Quilting Egads!!!!
(I'm doing a presentation to photo club next:  in time for valentines:  check back this week for things I love)    Textile history will begin again next week.
                                                                                              original photo
                                                         OMG corrected.   (see top left corner)
                                              attached to the top rt:  darkness and shadow
                                                                                      The back: OMG
                                                            Top Rt corrected:  the back
                                                                       close-up of his reflection
I also want to give a shout out to SANO  a fabric printing company in New York.  They are patient and have reasonably priced photo printing. The colors are perfect.   Oh My!  the customer service (remember that?) is super wonderful.  Can't go wrong w/ SANO.  I will show you tomorrow : what I am sending them to print
next after I finish Santa Paws.
                            Now on to the final step:  border and binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment