Saturday, June 11, 2016

Wise Enough

I'm old enough and wise enough to understand that when you read a book you bring your own personal baggage to it.  I have always been able to escape myself and become part of the place and time I'm reading w/out judgement of being a modern American Woman:  However this book I'm reading...............is a world with no literature.  I cannot imagine that no matter how hard I try

Imagine a life w/ no electricity, clean water, or literature in a large city. Imagine unhealthy babies and no access to health care because you can't read or get a job: A world of superstition: A world where teachers and professors are killed: Khmer Rouge

Read: Rent Collector:Camron Rachel Wright
“Love Forever
If I were the trees ...
I would turn my leaves to gold and scatter them toward the sky so they would circle about your head and fall in piles at your feet...
so you might know wonder.
If I were the mountains ...
I would crumble down and lift you up so you could see all of my secret places, where the rivers flow and the animals run wild ...
so you might know freedom.
If I were the ocean ...
I would raise you onto my gentle waves and carry you across the seas to swim with the whales and the dolphins in the moonlit waters,
so you might know peace.
If I were the stars ...
I would sparkle like never before and fall from the sky as gentle rain,
so that you would always look towards heaven and know that you can reach the stars.
If I were the moon ...
I would scoop you up and sail you through the sky and show you the Earth below in all its wonder and beauty,
so you might know that all the Earth is at your command.
If I were the sun ...
I would warm and glow like never before and light the sky with orange and pink,
so you would gaze upward and always know the glory of heaven.
But I am me ...
and since I am the one who loves you, I will wrap you in my arms and kiss you and love you with all of my heart,
and this I will do until ...
the mountains crumble down ...
and the oceans dry up ...
and the stars fall from the sky ...
and the sun and moon burn out ...
And that is forever.”
― Camron Wright, The Rent Collector

No comments:

Post a Comment