Saturday, June 20, 2015

life just happens

Looking for inspiration for quilting blocks and have found lots and lots of people have quilt blocks in all sizes and colors.  Geez!!  I guess everyone wants to attract traffic to their websites.  Me...I just like quilting and being inspired. 
 There has to be an easier way to do this w/ the center on point.  ended up w/ lots of biases.   dark center 4 3/4 in.  corner sq 3 1/2 i and then two 5 1/8 squares cut to make 4 triangles.  UGH!  light 3 7/8 cut to make 4 triangles. 2 5 1/8 sq cut to make 4 triangles.  The photo doesn't do it justice. It is a beautiful block:  took me all day.

This block was hard to construct.  All the angles. First try I flipped the brown.  Then I did not have enough left over at the points for a clear 1/4 inch seam.  I just gave in and moved on.  Blues:  5 4 1/2 in squares (don't need to cut larger).  2- 4 7/8  sq. (i made a little larger than 5 inches.  Yellow 4 7/8 sq (not mean I sewed 5 in sq).  brown 2 -  4 7/8 sq (5in)

No comments:

Post a Comment