Friday, October 7, 2016

Art of Technology

At the better quilt shows and yes it should be at all the shows....even the smaller venues that if your quilt includes a human:  not a fur person but a real person:  the quilter needs written permission to show the quilt.  When I was trying to find the "cajun"  it took a couple of months and then I found his name.From there I searched social media and found him on face book.  After several times I thought I was going to have to contact all the "friends" with the same last name.  And, then...he responded granting me permission.  So, if you shoot a photo of a human: the photo belongs to the photographer:  but if you want to make money for the photo or use it as a public performance you need to (legally) get that person's permission.  Not only ethically but legally....ummm what about the photos I take at quilt shows and copy their quilts???  Where do the ethics stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment