Thursday, July 9, 2015

Man! I've been having issues all day.

Yesterday, I went from couch to sewing machine to back to couch.  Today, I have been sad all day.  Thought it was the dog days of summer.  Forced myself to go swimming today.  While swimming my 9 laps (1/4 mile) it hit me.  Didn't drink any water.  Just moping around.  After July 4th for the past 30 summers I would dread having 5 weeks of summer left before school starts.  Lo and behold!!!  Lily caught a hairless 6" baby rat.  Smokey brought home an 8 lb squirrel and I realized...I don't have to count weeks. I'm fully retired.  It felt like someone?  Smokey? Lily? George?  was going to take away my retirement and make me go back to that classroom.   Got a glass of water w/ lemon and a sewing machine ready to sew.  Almost done w/ top of white quilt.

 no more simple blocks for me.  I took the free Craftsy class by Laura Nownes

No comments:

Post a Comment