Friday, March 6, 2015

tools and skills. skills an tools.

I've never been one for tools and technology but the times (and me are a changing).  I started a formal painting class back in January and it has been kicking my butt.  However the pieces have all started to come together.  I can't wait until I take the drawing class.  I will be able to draw my own photos on fabric, paint it an then quilt it.  I will no longer be limited to what the manufacturers deem best size and price.  For my sewing machine I have about 45 (yikes!) different feet.  8 pairs of scissors (Yikes!) that are different weights, sizes and uses.  I am embarrassed to say I have about 20 different rulers:  all sizes and shapes that I use with my rotary cutter. (yikes!).  And I use them all.  All the time.  I also use my computer, Little Monster (new sewing machines / lots of features and mother board.)  I now use laminate and a projector when I draw.  Can't live w/out these tools.  Can't create w/out the technology.  It's amazing how all these tools have come together to drive a market of artists.
 Water Color Practice for painting on fabric.

A study in pink.  Almost done

No comments:

Post a Comment