Sunday, January 18, 2015

Scrap quilts are not scraps

Made 2 scrap quilts.  Kind of yucky but will do.  Dogs will love.  So?  Mistake was pulling out a bag of scraps:  putting hand in bag.  Pulling out scrap and piecing.  Ummmm.  So, a scrap quilt has to have some symmetry, some color balance and enough fabric to be eye pleasing.  So??  scrap quilts are s--crap.  Thank goodness I have a baby go cutter.  Makes it easy.  I am going to create my own charm packs.  Yup!  they have gone up to $12.  Then one hour a day I will cut:  2 1/2 " strips and 1 3/4" strips and if large enough 8 1/2 inch blocks.  Then I will work on different sizes until my bags and bags of scraps have been used up.  It seams scrap quilts only look right when the sizes are the same.  Geez!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment