Friday, August 29, 2014

retirement: glorious retirement

  Here are the rules. Once you retire from a Texas school:  you have to wait 32 days before you can work for them again.  Then you can work part time.  Which means :  if there are 20 working days in Sept.  You can only work 10 of them.  So you take the 10 and divide by 4.  2.5 days per week.  But, I can work in public school in Ok or AZ and it doesn't bother TRS.  Or I can work at Mcdonald's or a Private school  and it does not affect my retirement benefits.  So:  can I work 10 days in a row.  Or  3 days one week 5 days the next?  And who tells TRS any way:  Is there a tattle fairy out there watching all us retired persons.  Who would know if I went to the Panhandle of Texas and substituted for 11 days?  I guess the tattle fairy would know.  And, who out there keeps a diary of how many days you work.  I just wake up get in my car: drive to work and do what I'm told.  Then I go home and forget what I did at work!  Maybe someone should cut the wings off the tattle fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment